Lebara is a telecommunications company providing services in many countries around the world. Lebara Mobile is targeted towards the needs of international communities and migrant workers. Lebara Play is a new service which offers over 150 channels and 3000 movies for the South East Asian market. The platform is similar to Netflix, Shomi and Crave TV.
Lebara were the title sponsor at Tamil Fest in Toronto, and event attended by 50,000 people. This event was their Canadian launch of Lebara Play. Lebara contacted Fervent Events 5-days before the event, after 3-weeks working with another marketing company, who had been unsuccessful in meeting their needs. Lebara wanted:
- 35 brand ambassadors, as many Tamil as possible.
- A 30x20ft customized living room experience booth.
Lebara wanted to drive as many people to the three booths as possible. One of which was the living room experience, another two were smaller tents. At these locations, Lebara staff would showcase Lebara Play to attendees on TVs and engage in a sales process. Fervent Events staff would drive people to the booth via key messaging and touch points. Reps would also hand out flyers, balloons and help in booths. Some reps became active in the sales process.
- Fervent Events interviewed, hired and trained 35 new brand ambassadors, the majority of which matched the desired demographic. This was a feat within itself given the short turnaround.
- Fervent sourced and liaised with a company too build the customized exhibit.
- Lebara Play made over 250 sales during the weekend resulting in over $40,000 in revenue.